Re: Flying fighters?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:42:07 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Jane Williams wrote:

> How does one deliver a heavy blow while flying, without being able to
> brace oneself against the ground? They can't hover. So all combat is
> "on the move", hit your opponent in passing. Maybe the speed of travel
> is what puts weight behind the blow?
>
> I'd guess that position is prone rather than upright, as otherwise
> you're asking to have your legs chopped off.

For orlanthi flight, I'd look to parashooters. The vangathi are held aloft by winds, so I'd say thay definitely can hover. Propably the flying heroes fight pretty much like the orlanthi warriors on the ground. Throw javelins at each other, and clash face to face with spear and sword.

Fantasy Jane, Fantasy. They don't fly like birds, you need wings for that.

        -Adept