Re: Re: Flying fighters?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:13:18 -0700

> No 'Great Sage, Equal of Heaven?' Alas, poor, poor, deprived American. :(

When I was growing up, Speed Racer was playing in "first run". And I thought it was crap. Put me off any Japanamation for good (okay, I've seen Princess Anononononka, but that's only because it got such rave reviews from Gloranthaphiles. It was okay, imo, but not as great as all that...).

Nope, outside of the various Japantowns or dinky little obscure TV channels, such series are little known in America. (Plus I was growing up on LA, where the dinky little obscure station was more likely to be playing Mexican TV: "aye yai yai!"...)

RR
- Richelieu