RE: Re: Cool Stuff & NPCs & swords

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 08:15:41 +0100

Paul:

> He was making them of beryllium bronze, not the bronze
> of the original makers, because I'd told him it was a tough resilient
> metal that will take an edge and not corrode. It's used in ship
> propellors.

> For his degree, all he needed was the form and fittings; the metal
> didn't matter as long as it looked like bronze.

> Pictish weapons were made of bronze, and well-designed and attractive.

> So: stick to enchanted bronze... ;)
> ...although, if you could get it it would have similar bonuses to
iron...

Hence my interest in any remaining (unsharpened) blades. I'd love to have something that looks like a Gloranthan (bronze) weapon but is practical to actually use in a fight without turning into a saw in the first 5 minutes. The best I'd seen so far was taking a steel blade and coppering it.

2mm edge and a rounded tip would be ideal, bu I bet I'm not going to be lucky there?