RE: Flying fighters?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:24:38 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Jane Williams wrote:

> > I've had some fun with this. The situation is not all that
> > bad for the prince of Sartar though. His army is made of clan
> > warbands that form larger units of tribal warbands. At least
> > they are used to fighting together.
>
> This is where I start to wonder if we're talking about the same
> Orlanthi. As I understand it, clan warbands are *not* used to fighting
> "together". They're used to fighting *each other*.

I'd thin the tribal muster works together. You aren't supposed to raid the clans in the same tribe, I think. At least not seriously. A few cattle here and there are fair game, of course.

> They do it every
> time they go cattle-raiding, which happens a LOT more often than a big
> tribe v. tribe war. Yes, the fellow Vanganthi in the other clan probably
> *is* someone you meet at the temple every holy day, but at the moment
> he's trying to nick your cows.

The problem may be that I'm talking about the time after the coming of Sartar, and before the invasion. Not the "occupied-palestinians" situation we have in the 1610+, or the wild years before Sartar.

        -Adept