Re: Re: Tarsh Exiles

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:08:28 +0200 (EET)

<snip: a lot of interesting ideas on the troops>

> >How big vere the units supposed to be? 800 men?
>
> Nominally 1000 for a foot regiment, 500 for cavalry. For
> skirmishers, the unit size could be little as 200.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Thanks Peter. I think elite, highly magical, units like the Stormwalkers or the Full Moon Corps propably are not even nearly 1000 strength. More like a hundread.

I'll still have to figure out a counter for the Household of Death.

Somehow I still feel I should just rewrite most of the units. Have each tribe provide a 1000 strong fyrd, and some kingdom level elite units. Also some magician (priests and priestesses) counters.

Good summary though. Thanks.

        -Adept