Re: Low level HQ

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:18:29 -0000

My children also play. I find that too many skills spoil the broth. Kids want to play not read a long character sheet. in fact I generally say, 'well lets see what you have on your character sheet'. I think that Initiate level is just fine, for grown ups too. When I played at a convention, most of the characters were low level with incomplete character sheets, and I thought no worse for it.

What I like about Heroquest is that you don't need to kill stuff all the time. In fact killing is quite a big deal, and I like that. So far my kids haven't had to kill anyone, which is probably why I feel comfortable playing HQ with them.

On the subject of game complexity, someone said to me that they would like to play a game where we just improvised everything off the keywords.

Regards
Rob