RE: Re: Low level HQ

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:39:55 +0100

I've got hazy recollections of some session write-ups someone did a few months ago describing a one-on-one HQ game with his young son (five-ish IIRC), it featured a princess captured by Dragonnewts and a young jungle hunter protagonist with a cloud leopard sidekick. All in all it sounded well cool and had some excellent commentary about the practicalities of running games for a young'un.

Unfortunately I've completely blanked on who did the write-ups and where on the internet I saw them - it was posted to an actual play forum at either rpg.net or The Forge I reckon, but I utterly failed to turn them up when I went hunting for them last night - maybe someone else on the list will have better luck.

Anyway the general impression I got from those write ups is that HQ is an excellent system for introducing small kids as it focuses squarely on telling a story, is as abstract as you want it to be and it doesn't require familiarity with hugely convoluted rulesets for effective play.

Regards
Luke