Raiding vendref

From: Juha Ratilainen <jualra_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:57:28 -0000

>>>Some questions remain though: Do the exiles raid and if so, who do >>>the exiles raid?

>> Both Sartar and Tarsh. And the Grazelands for good measure, I >> imagine.

> Whenever they can. I think the Horse-Spawn might be a prime target
> though they have no cattle. However, the vendref villages are
almost helpless -- poorly defended compared to Joe Heortling's stead.

But wouldn't the Grazers have to protect them - vendref are their property after all, and if vendref are completely helpless and robbed by anyone, they won't be very productive. And if someone raids vendref, i'd imagine that the Grazers, having horses, could strike the returning warband while they are still in Grazelands - and have a significant advantage.

Maybe raiding slaves would also be viewed as not-so-glorious (at least among the Orlanthi)?

Just some thoughts,

Juha Ratilainen

Juha Ratilainen