Re: Two Cheers for the Textbook Examples

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:03:22 -0000

This works well if you are targetting the book at people who are already interested in Glorantha, or at the simple culture you choose to highlight, but may be less helpful to a bunch of neophytes without a more experienced mentor. I think the theory is that the examples are not proscriptive and don't require a deep understanding of any one aspect of Glorantha. Hopefully, players and GM's, interested by the game will then buy additional volumes and find they are being assimilated into Glorantha, much the way we were when the main reason for buying RQ was that it was a different system to D&D, and then discovered Glorantha through the supplements. - After all Guatama's vision and "Hot sand in the Sandals" is not much help for people wanting to play Char-Un...