Re: Tarsh Exiles

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:53:13 -0000

> Guildsmen:  Probably funded by Goldgotti the merchant prince who

> is mentioned in this context in DP p31. The name sounds
> vaguely familiar but my memory keeps returning Galeotti
> instead. Not present in 1600.
Obviously it's flattering to be conflated with probably the richest *person* in DP (ie, the assets are all his, not held for a clan,
kingdom, cult, etc). Let's hope something rubs off! ;-)

Interestingly enough, I've been trying to get G-G back onto the stage, as a cameo in my scenario for SR. This is just from my draft and should not be considered official (or even bound to appear at all!), but here are some snippets:

"Gold-Gotti, known as `the richest man in Dragon Pass' (or, sometimes, `the greediest') (Devotee of Issaries 5w2, Merchant 1w3, Rich 20w2, Wily 10w, Gourmet 20)

"A trader prince from Karse, far to the south, Gold-Gotti is extremely rich, and also has both an effective network of spies and allies and a virtual private army of guards, watchmen and mercenaries.

"Gold-Gotti lives in Wilmskirk, in an elaborate and well-guarded compound of manses and warehouses. Petitioners able to get past his gatekeepers and secretaries (resistance 1w, requiring bribes, fast talk, intimidate or other appropriate tests) will probably be ushered into his Lesser Audience Hall."

As regards his location in the DP game. In the original WB&RM, there was a moderately tough infantry unit called G-G, but this has disappeared by DP. The Guildsmen, etc, were also in WB&RM. I'd have thought that G-G's private army probably represents the core of the Wilmskirk Foot Militia.

Mark

Mark Galeotti