Re: Re: Karse and Heortland

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:06:20 -0400

Thank Peter,

I actually prefer that interpretation. I have trouble seeing the Aeolians gaining support outside of Esvular originally. (Although politics being what they are, whenever there might be an Esvulari high king, I'm sure he encouraged their advance.) But if they first sided with Rikard (after all, he seems to have been an impressive person, a powerful knight with hardcore Western arms and armor, and a version of Malkionism that would appeal to some who might see a "true way" there) then they could easily have become big players in 1617-1618. I would have somewhere around 1618-1619, Rikard (influenced by the Rokari Bishop of Nochet, I would think) allow his Rokari priests and more devout followers to start "cleansing the pagan influences" from the church, thus prompting the falling out.

So, a little drift and then a big spike under Rikard, then (IIRC) the north (smithstone) gets given to a Trader Prince by the Lunars, and Bandal gets put in the south as high king?

LC