Re: Re: Slightly OT Book Recommendation

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:28:05 -0500

That's them. And though I didn't mention his other stuff I'd agree with Paul about his other stuff too. I've read the first two books in the proposed seven book Keys of the Kingdom series and just started the Seventh Tower series. Both good. Sabriel and the other OId Kingdom books are supposed to be released in "adult" covers in the US this fall I believe.

Oliver

  Wait wait. Is this the one with the necromancers with the bells and the river of death   that they can walk in?

  Because I found the first one of those while wandering LA and loved it but lost it before I   could go about finding the rest of the series.

  On 22 Sep 2004 at 14:12, Paul May wrote:

> At 04:58 AM 22/09/04, Oliver D. Bernuetz wrote:
> >I just wanted to recommend the following fantasy titles: Sabriel,
> >Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix. They are very well written, tell a
> >good story, have interesting characters and situations and the magic
> >described in the books is extremely interesting. Just a wealth of
> >good ideas to steal for campaigns.
>
> Very very good stories, good ideas for heroquests, good enemies (read
> Chaos for Dead and it's really easy! ;) ) - And Garth is a cool guy and
> it's worth giving him money! :-D
> The above is not motivated in any way by the fact I was at uni with
> him... ;) The books *are* that good. Get his other books as well,
> especially his juveniles if you have kids.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor