Re: Re:Tarsh Exiles

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:23:20 +1300

Ian Cooper:

>Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>Me> The King of Tarsh has no problem with Tarsh nationalists. IMO it is
> > possible to be an ardent supporter of King of Tarsh without being a
> > lunar sympathizer (in much the same way that English Catholics could
> > support a Protestant Monarch).

>They could, but also they might not.

But most English Catholics did support the English Monarchy (with some help from Governmental big stick). What I'm trying to get across is that to be an Exile, one have to have a bigger grudge against the King of Tarsh other than he's a Lunar (Prod). Most Tarshites are not Lunars yet support the King quite happily.

Mere Tarsh Nationalism alone IMO is not a sufficient reason to despise the King as Tarsh Uber Alles happens to be a apt summary of Tarshite actions ever since it became Lunar (cf Phargentes abuse of his position as Provincial Overseer in favour of Tarsh Glorantha: Intro p131). Furthermore the Good Empire mentioned in KoS is IMO the Kingdom of Tarsh under another name.

>And remember that no Catholic
>may become the King of England.

Like no non-Lunar may become King of Tarsh...

--Peter Metcalfe