Re: Looking for Glorantha/RW links for Teshnos...

From: Keith Nellist <Labrygon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 04:33:02 -0000

I like Yul Brunner in "the King and I" as a Teshan noble (and I see the governess as being a Godlearner during the 2nd Age. I don't know if it is so bleedin' obvious that no one states it outright, or just my own impression, but I cannot avoid equating Eest with the East India Company and Svalakswal with the Raj.

This, of course, soon collapses under the weight of 'Carry On up the Khyber' type thoughts, (Carry On Up Diamond Mountain anyone?) but I am sure there are hundreds of better sources for stories and background inspiration.

Keith