Re: Re: [HeroQuest-rules] Initiates and Orlanthi

From: Groovelord <coridan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:17:33 -0400

While the majority of Orlanthi do initiate (they have to, since they generally have harder lives, IMO, than the typical Pelorian), that doesn't stop them from being Communal Worshippers. Unless you're a Devotee, your being an Initiate of Ohorlanth Thunderous doesn't stop you from attending the grain ceremonies of Esrola, or worshipping a local ancestor god. You don't forget the old Grandfather Mortal Talents you learned as a boy. And an Elmali and Orlanth Adventurous initiate both worship together on Ancestor day, if they're in the same clan.'

Initiation is a "together with" thing with Communal Worship, as opposed to an "instead of."

One final thing - you don't have to initiate. Those who concentrate on their communal pantheon's Common Magic (with the Selfrock teaching and such) can be effective witches, spellmen, and other strange fringe magicians who use a strange bag of tricks.

CB