Re: Sartar Rising w/ book 2, Lunars?

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:12:41 -0000

> 1. The first book in the series, _Barbarian Adventures_, is out of
> print. Is it reasonable to jump into the campaign with low-level
> adventurers and book 2, _Orlanth is Dead!_? If so, what other books
> would I have to get, if any, to have adequate background on Sartar?
Most of Barbarian Adventures scenarios are focused on clan life - cattle raids, feuds, chaos threats rather than the rebellion. So provided you give your heroes a chance to experience 'every day' adventures before tackling the big saga you'll be fine.

You will lack the setting info - mainly a description of the tribes of Sartar. You can divine most of this from Dragon Pass, though it is not so nicely 'to-hand'.

> 2. Are there any analogous campaign supplements out there for Lunar
> heroes?

AFAIK Lunar episodes are in the works but a good rule of thumb is don't wait unless someone has made very definite statements.

> Or, at the risk of sounding completely twisted, would it be
> possible to extrapolate adventures for Lunar heroes from the
>_Sartar Rising_ material?

Possible yes. You could switch to playing Lunar soldiers. Requiring effort on your part, yes that too.