Re: Re: Raiding vendref

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:13:28 +1300

Juha Ratilainen:

>How would Sartarites in general see the vendref in 1620's?

The Vendref are said to have "asked distant kinsfolk to help them fight the Grazers. The Esrolians and the Quivini often complied." (KoS p112). However I strongly suspect both were offered inducements to help the Vendref (ie gold, land, grain etc).

>I haven't seen mentions in KoS about the vendref being particularly
>wealthy but i could have easily missed it.

The Grazers use Vendref treasurers to avoid handling money. Kanestal Onehand is their god.

--Peter Metcalfe