RE: Cyrlings

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:05:35 -0000

> What tribe do the Cyrlings belong to the Cinsina, Malani or the
> Locaem.

If you're referring to the Cyrlings in "Sheepless Nights", I think you'll find they were carefully left unspecified. They're just over the hill from your PC's clan, and probably in the same tribe.

YBOT4 has the clan detailed, and still doesn't mention a tribe (in fact, reiterates the advice that they are designed to fit where you want them), but gives some locations. It's probably important to remember here that thee can be more than one place with the same name in Sartar. Vorissonstead, Gold Lamb etc - yes, there's a Gold Lamb over on the right of the DP map, north of Swenstown and in the Forloss Hills. It's DP entry suggests that it's in Aranwyth lands. But is it the same one?

Which reminds me, did "Sheepless Nights" ever get updated for HQ? The version in YBOT4 and on the Glorantha site

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/fan/scenario_sheepless.html

is HW (it has edges), and it's a great introductory scenario. It would be nice to make it as easy as possible for new Narrators to use.

Then there's the Cyrling mentioned in the Black Oaks scenario in YBOT - "assumed to be in Quiviniland but it would fit equally well in Tarsh..."