Re: Re: Pavis climate

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:26:34 +0000

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:15:30 -0000, Jeff wrote:

>--- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jane Williams"
>>

>> Places I know of that "look" like Pavis and have rainfall stats on-
>line
>> include Tunis (16") and Athens (14"). Places that don't look like
>Pavis
>> include London (23"), Frankfurt (26") and Aberystwyth (41") - one
>of the
>> wetter bits of Wales.
>
>I had always thought that was 44 cm per year (which is about
>17"/year) - pretty much everything else Chaosium published in those
>days was metric.

Nope.

The Pavis City Guide and River of Cradles both plainly measure it in inches. It's in the table and in a footnote saying "In the frequent drought years, the rainfall will be much less, perhaps six inches per season or even dryer".

They also say that there will be on average 120 rainy days out of a 294 day year.