RE: RHQN _at_ Dragonmeet 2004 Report

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:59:48 -0000

> No, that was Connor. He has played in one of my demo games
> at Beer & Pretzels earlier this year. A very good
> role-player and a good sign for the future of the hobby.

Agreed, on both counts. And if that was only his second time playing, not his first, I'm still impressed.

> No the other boy, Albert Kates. He *did* play the young
> Destori Edgewed very well [almost by accident ;) ]

Yes.... Either a good case of type-casting, or good role-play of the "argumentative" and "irritating" abilities that were apparently on his character sheet. Let's assume the latter.

> He has
> played Warhammer and CRPGs. His first time at table-top RPG as he
told me.

The impression I got was that he thought he knew everything about TT RPGS - ah well, must have been more good roleplaying on his part.

> > A dinosaur called Trixie. Somehow, that stuck in my memory.
>
> As did the way you 'distracted' the Dragonewts.

I just wanted a better look :) And the "magnet for trouble" ability I'd given the character seems to have been as useful to the GM as I'd hoped.

The apple supply method was a better case of gratuitous use of an exotic ability when a simple one would have worked fine. We could have simply handed him the bag of apples, but oh no, it had to be an aerial supply run and bombardment. I'm still surprised the rest of the party let me get away with that.