Tribal borders

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:12:21 -0000

> There were
> some tribe and clan position discussions on the Wilmskirk list
> (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wilmskirk) right after
> DP:LoT came out and one of the points that was brought out is
> that Heortling politics will not create easily defined tribal
> boundaries. The names on the maps are kinda like "center of
> mass" approximations. Don't expect everything to be well
> defined the way modern political lines are drawn.

This was more or less my concept, too, until I remembered about clan tula boundaries. I believe it's the case that these are well defined and well marked, and the wyter has power within but not without? "Beating the bounds" ceremonies like around a medieval parish? Or have I got that all wrong?

I'd guess there are gaps between tulas, though. We may complain about Sartar being a bit over-populated, but it's not like 21st century Britain.

And tribes, of course, are the sum of the clans, and as such don't have borders of their own.