Re: Re: Religious ranking?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:08:07 -0800

Without answering Jane's original question...

> As already mentioned, with soul sight they'll know he's a devotee and
> his runes. On top of which, with enough time to talk they can
> probably tell through knowledge of myth etc, provided they come from
> the same culture (Odaylan myths from the lunar provinces and odaylan
> myths in Sartar may differ enough that you couldn't tell, I don't
> know).

Remember that most Gods now have a unique rune, so you don't have to guess if the "Wind, Movement, Combat" guy over there worships Destor, because you can "see" his Destor Rune (that V with a hooked crossbar) (that is, if that's how the narrator is describing Soul Sight).

And the Devotee *probably* has some sort of ornamentation with his god's rune(s) (clothing, tattoos, weapons, armor, jewelery, etc), making it even easier to guess his god. (We won't get into the gods that can fool magical senses...).

RR
- Richelieu