Re: MotS, rayguns! were are the rayguns!

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:20:43 +0100

Mark Mohrfield:

>I noticed that in Men of the Sea (which is excellent, btw) that the
>Hargalan tallship doesn't have sunscope listed among it's abilities.
>Is this an oversight, or is the suncope's ability rating dependent
>entirely on it's operators?

A very good question, to which I don't know the answer, but I can definitely say that the the Sunscope is useless without its operators. But I do think different sunscopes can have different ratings. Building a sunscope involves some serious enchantments (of course), the size of the crystal and mirror can differ etc. So, in the end, the actual rating of a specific sunscope, in use, depends on both the strength of the enchantments and the magic abilities of the operators.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams