Re: Re: Karse and Refuge

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:09:24 -0600

Jane Williams wrote:

> > So, by dictatorial fiat for my personal campaign, I'll
> > declare that the "Old Race" of Carse are the Esrolians of
> > Karse, and the "Kingdom" folk are Heortlings. ...
>

> FWIW, I think other people have done this before you, but haven't had
> time to respond as yet. Joerg, for one, has done a lot of work in that
> area. LC has set a campaign there more recently, and in just about your
> time-frame, too.

Sandy Petersen ran some episodes set in Refuge at one time, but I can't really recall the details of the political structure. I do know that Jubal was out of town while we were there, and our NPC mascot (later to become a PC, and still later, a disembodied spirit in a snowglobe) Blackbeak, Scourge of the Seven Seas, founded his own "operation", the Fraternity of Adventurers, Rogues, and Thieves (aka the "Duckmasks"). This was the same adventure in which our group's affinity for howler monkeys was duiscovered, during a rather oddball sidetrip into the caves used as a hideout by a gang of outlaws.

Guy