Symbolic Sight - what do you see?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:56:46 +0200 (EET)

Let me define the question further.

Do the wizards / sorcerers see auras? Glowing outlines of colour, on the colour, brightness and width of which they make quesses and estimates.

Do they, instead (or in addition), see floating runes, the brightness of which indicates levels of power. Do they see lines of power connecting the magician to the spell-plane.

Do they see a light in and through the center of the human they observe. A dim flickering flame for a weak willed person, and a strong pillar of light for a powerful magician (like in Nephilim).

I say again, such detail is the soul of roleplaying, and we shouldn't have to guess and make up our own from scratch. I know what magic looks like in Kulthea, and I know what it looks like in Nephilim. I wish I knew it also for my belowed Glorantha.

        -Adept