Re: Re: some questions on the Crimson Bat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:03:48 -0500

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Graham Robinson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
> >
> I remember it grabbin people with tentacles that are stronger than
> elephants. Things it eats are also compleatly annihilated. Somehow
> getting eaten by the bat doesn't seem like a workable solution. It's
> also rather big to kill with a sword or a spear.

The bat's normal fare is peasants, stickpickers, vagrants. Not guys named Harrek...

...indigestion.

> So far I've come up with the Stormwalkers (or any group of powerful
> orlanthi godi) summoning up a huge thunderstorm, and directing orlanths
> fury on it. Should at least hurt it, and kill the priests riding on it's
> back. That is unless it can shield itself from that somehow, and raising
> a thunderstorm on demand isn't exactly guaranteed, I think.
>
> -Adept

I'd suggest a bit more flexiblity in your view. Harrek is a superhero -- godlike powers on earth with free-will still intact. There are not that many of them... Thankfully.

Anytime the bat is destroyed it seems its because its run into folks like Harrek or Sheng or whomever.

Jeff