Re: Re: Lismelder and the Orlmarthing

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:04:00 GMT

In message <20050121121935.96241.qmail_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>> The Greydogs were objects of one of my last game's
>> fueds. A weaponthane was particularly obsessed by
>> stealing your cows, but very bad at it. At one point
>> he took to stealing from his own clan's herds so
>> that he could march back with some 'Greydog' booty.
>
>Don't cows get marked with a clan symbol, or something?

It's probably some sort of tattoo which indicates both the clan and bloodline/stead. Which will need changing when ownership changes. Everyone can probably read who the current owner is but a lawspeaker will be needed to determine the history of ownership especially if someone has a reason for faking the animal's history.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/