Re: Non-Glorantha HeroQuest?

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:40:31 -0000

Hi Sophie,

Welcome to HQ! People have already responded usefully on the Africa/Pamaltela point, so let me turn to your question

> - Has anyone used HeroQuest to run non-Glorantha campaigns? (I've
heard
> somewhere of a Jorune HeroQuest game, which sounds like a fun
idea.)

I'm a very great believer in the 'portability' of HQ to all sorts of other settings. The obligatory plug would be my own Mythic Russia (http://www.firebird-productions.com), but it has been used for games and settings as varied as Middle Earth and Jorune to Star Wars and superheroics.

The base single location in which to find notes and discussions about such conversions is the relevant forum on The Forge (http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewforum.php?f=13), but modern keywords and guidance on superhero games are at Bruce Ferrie's homepage (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/bferrie/index.htm), HQ Star Wars is largely covered in this thread on RPGnet (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=161405) and Jorune on the HQ forum at The Tavern (http://tavern.zunder.org.uk/tav/viewforum.php? f=16).

All the best

Mark