RE: Contacting the dead (was: Re: Bashing Runequest - why bother)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:50:47 -0000

> The people that good Heortlings would go to for help with
> "ghosts" (whatever manner of ghost they are) are the "old
> grannies" - Asrelia & Ty Kora Tek.
> They are the "Corpse handlers and ghost talkers". See Storm Tribe 197.
> Humakt and Issaries also have ghost-busting capabilities. A
> Humakti ghost might be helpful towards other Humakti.
>
> Shamans who follow particular Great Spirits can deal with the
> dead, but it's not a "common shaman ability" anymore.
> Certainly the Heortling Kolatings don't have that particular
> power (as a general rule, of course. YSMV).
>
> RR

Thanks, that'll help no end in other games.

In this one, we're a bunch of ex-Lunar army just arrived in our "nice" new grant in Sartar and wondering what's here in the way of other-world inhabitants. My Black Death Snake Practitioner took first look, and this is what she's found. A sorceror is taking next look, and then a Carmanian Humakti wants to join in... And we've found a fudge for now that means we can *all* see this "spirit". Or whatever it is.