RE: Re: Heortling Temples (Long!)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:56:32 -0000

> There is also the "it's easier to get through to the God Plane here"
> factor - natural Power Spots are made into Temples simply
> because its easier to contact your God there.

Ley-lines. Ley-lines are good. Site your holy place on a ley-line and watch the barrier weaken. Site it where a bunch of them meet, and watch it fade away! (Do be careful about what might be asleep underneath, won't you?)

Interestingly enough, some reading I was doing a few years back suggests that many ancient RW churches are sited on a confluence of leylines. Mind you, some other reading suggests that putting a big stone building on a spot will attract leylines to it...

Also, read Barbara Hambley's Darwath trilogy? People tend to build their settlements on places where magic works better. It works better because of what's living underneath. Which makes magic easier, so as to attract people to it, so that when times get really hard, it can eat them...