Re: Ley-lines

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:24:29 -0000

> (Looking round, I see no 4000-metre objects. Not even any 4000-foot
> ones, in this country.)

Nope. I'm always confused whenever I go to Britain (or northern France, or for that matter east of the Rockies) - I keep thinking - where's the mountains? And then I see what the locals call a "mountain" and I keep thinking, "where's the mountains?" I remember Greg telling me about the time he drove through the Appennines and didn't notice them. A bit harder to do that with the Cascades, Sierra Nevadas or the Front Range....

You don't even want to know my disappointment the first time I saw the Thames.

> So those Orlanthi who can see Kero Fin aren't likely to build the
> equivalent of Silbury Hill, stone avenues, and so on.

I wouldn't think so - maybe Greg has some more definite opinions. I mean why would you need to? You perform your rituals on a hill, you can see the great cosmic mountains - why do you need to build your own hill? I mean, if you think Mt. Rainier dominates the skyline, imagine Kero Fin. But I might be missing something - this is just a suspicion of mine.

> But I suspect they're more likely than us, if they build anything
at
> all, to do those chalk figures that only make sense from the air.
As I
> think it was you pointed out, they fly!

Yep. Or construct their forts in spirals. Or whatever.

I won't comment on whether Mt. Snowdonia is more of a mountain than Mt. Si. But maybe Dave will.

Jeff