Re: Kero Fin is big

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:15:13 -0000

> > Here's a couple of shots showing how our local, much
> > smaller (just
> > under 4400 m) version of Kero Fin dominates the
> > local skyline:
> >

> http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Imgs/Jpg/Rainier/rainier_tacoma.jpg
>
> And that dominates things, yes. But then it has no
> competition.

Actually, Mount Rainier is surrounded by 6000 foot high mountains. They just look really insignificant next to the 14,000+ foot mountain.

> I just did some sums, and shocked myself. Kero Fin is
> 37K feet high. Quivin peak is 7K. If you're at about
> 3K yourself (in the Sartar hills), from what position
> can you see Kero Fin *behind* Quivin?
> And the answer is almost all of them... The head of
> Killard Vale, for instance. Quivin is directly in your
> way. It's close. And the top of Kero Fin is *still*
> visible behind it.

I imagine that it is visible from just about everywhere in Kerofinela. Nymie Vale, Killard Vale, Heortland, Tarsh, Holay and so on. It is just real big. Of course it is the source of sovereignity. Of course it is Orlanth's mother.

Jeff