Re: "New" goddesses, retcons, etc.

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:22:47 -0000

> From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>

> I know some people are distressed when seemingly "fixed facts" are altered
> by me. If you are one of them, don't read any further.

As far as I can see, you aren't actually altering any fixed facts, are you? Just re-naming them. In the current example, we can still have manhating  axe-wielding lunatics who no-one in their right mind has anything to do with. And we can still have axe-wielding lunatics who sleep with whoever takes their fancy while drinking far too much beer. It's just that we seem to have got their names a bit wrong. Must be the funny accent that clan over the hill has. In fact, now we can have both, rather than having to choose, which is great!

I can see that once I get TR (2002?) I'll have to re-write the Earth Initiation HQ to allow for all these new Earth Goddesses. At present it only allows for the Light and the Dark side of each of the three generations, and it sounds like there's going to be more.

If you started making existing published chaarcters or situations impossible, after they've been built into our campaigns, then yes, I think a lot of us would object. Or at least, shrug and ignore your new ideas rather than dropping the campaign. But as far as I can see, this isn't happening.

>And oh yea, don't get Thunder Rebels either.

If it ever finally appears, I'll buy it and read it. I just don't promise to agree with it. And of course the longer we have to wait, the further our campaigns develop without it, and divergence will occur. If the results mean TR can't be used..... well, that's too bad for TR. But I'm hoping it'll be flexible enough to avoid problems: the hints so far look good.

Jane Williams jane_at_...
http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/index.shtml