Re: Sartar, the beauty parade

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:22:48 -0000

> >Greg, do you have a vision on the appearance of Sartar the Changer and
> >his royal line?
> No.
>
> >Do they have distinctive features? Dark/light/red hair? Are they small
> >and slim, or huge and powerfully built?
> >
> >Tall, lean and darkhaired has been my guess, but I'd love to hear how you
> >have visioned them.
> I have not.

The Glorantha boxed set has a picture on the front, supposedly of "Argrath" (Garrath?) and Harrek. Argrath has blonde hair, and is of fairly normal build and height: smaller and slimmer than Harrek, anyway.

In the rather limited play I had with part of the bloodline, they have a tendency to have gray eyes. Most have dark hair. A few: generally the extremists in one sense or another: have blonde hair. But none of this is tied down even in my own unpublished and definitely non-canon writings.

Personally I base the Household of Death on the Waffen-SS, only even more so (elite, disciplined, fanatically loyal, very scary etc., etc.), so they have to be blonde. So their founder has to be blonde. But that's the only reason: and now we know the Household was even smaller than I'd thought, maybe I'll change my mind. Or just make them even more extreme. In my campaign they haven't been formed yet, after all.

We've had a few Temertains at cons, haven't we? Did any of them make a visual impression? I don't *think* any other members of the Sartar bloodline have been represented in free-forms: anyone know of any?

Jane Williams jane_at_...
http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/index.shtml