Re: Forest navigation

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:14:22 -0000

> The Dragonkill was pretty apocalyptic, as well as the depredations
of the
> Golden hoard, Oakfed, and the fact that a large and populous
civilisation that
> preceded the Dragonkill had Zorak Zoran as it's primary wargod
makes me suspect
> there were not too many forests left.

Having run a Resettlement game (the Taming of Dragon Pass campaign), my conclusions was that Quiviniland was pretty heavily wooded, with nearly three centuries of new growth in many areas (remember the EWF collapsed in 1042 - many areas of cultivation were abandoned soon after). Not much (if any) of the new growth can be attributed to the elves - the trolls were certainly too dominante to really allow that outside of Stinkwood.

Jeff