Re: Re: some questions on the Crimson Bat

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:36:49 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Greg Stafford wrote:

> At 02:24 PM 1/19/2001 +0200, you wrote:
> >What is mr. is-that-a-polarbear-on-your-back supposed to do to the bat?
> >Growl and weave White Fang at it from the ground?
> >
> >I know the numbers in DP say that Harrek and even the lesser heroes can
> >take on the bat, but what exactly are they supposed to do to it???
>
> When Broyan and his associates deterred it they flew/transported to be
> above it and when their magic failed they dropped onto its back and killed
> all the priests. The bat then went off on its own, flying way out to sea in
> fact, and was very had to locate and get back (even using the cult magic).
> --------
> Greg Stafford

Yes, that was what I was remembering. Very clever. So it's still just an animal, when not directly controlled? It's not an illuminated (intelligent) agent of the Red Goddess, but a colossal demon-animal that has to be guided by the will of a controller to be used in war. (Like a huge war-elephant).

That's something at least.

        -Adept