Re: some questions on the Crimson Bat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:20:42 -0500

Gareth Martin wrote:

> > Tatius, in love with his own magical skills, regards the bat
> > as a useful
> > toy and HIS methods as superior. (for which we can all be happy)
> >

> QUESTION: whats going on with the timeline? I read on the issaries site
> jokes that Tatius the Bright is dead; but IIRC he appears as current
> commander in dragon pass. What gives?

(Foghorn Leghorn voice) Its what they calll a joke, son. Humor. Orlanthi-style plays on words.

The HW rules are set in 1621 but Tatius becomes Dragon Chow in 1625. So he does die sometime in the rebellion story arc.

I'm hoping that Issaries will put a rough timeline of Sartar Rising! on the website as a preview of the book. If nothing else, it will help with the woes retconning and canonical campaign complaints (I personally I hate it when I get an event wrong -- thank Issaries The Talking God for the 5w "Fancy Footwork" ability.)

Jeff