Re: e23, beginning supplements

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:20:56 -0000

Is that because old list is normally unavailable as it tends to sell out and not be restocked?

> >Men of the Sea really needs a scenario. Maybe anyone who is
running
> >one for their group could make it available? - as a sort of
starter?

> I've been using it in my campaign, but I wouldn't say there's "a
> scenario." If one of my players wants to post the writeup of the
> ongoing sea voyage, it might have some value to show how the book
can
> be used, but I think it's pretty specialized to our game.

Anything would be cool. I'd love to write a sea game, maybe as a one off scenario, possibly fordemo/ convention play. I was thinking of picking up some 'Hornblower' for some ideas of ship stuff. Anyone read that stuff and have an opinion?

Does anyone know of any sea-rpg's that I could maybe plunder for ideas? Could anyone who has done it post a description of a ship to ship extended contest (combat)

> BTW, if there had been a supplement, it would have been entirely
> useless to me, or probably to Jeff, whose game I play in. Useless
> me since it probably would have been close to Dragon Pass, which
my
> game is not. Useless to Jeff because it would have been set in the
> Hero Wars "now," and his game is still almost 10 years from that.

I take it you mean a scenario book? Is there a general resistance to Issaries not putting out scenario/campaign books? That what I like about the Sartar rising stuff - loads of background and loads of scenario's.

Regards
Rob