RE: RE: Humakt and ranged attacks

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:10:13 -0000

> And what about thrown swords ?
> It's harder to be very effective and you need a spare sword
> in case of melee combat following but can be quite effective.
> I think I would not be happy to take either a broad or 2
> handed sword in the face if correctly thrown.

We had that discussion a while back, I think it was on this list but can't be sure. In the opinion of many, it went on far too long. (I enjoyed it, but...)

The result of that and the research that followed can be found here:

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/research/throwingswords.cfm

This was aimed at Vanganthi not Humakti, but many of the same principles applied.

Then again, if you're happy to keep your combat realism at Xena level, don't bother reading.