RE: Re: Sea scenarios (was e23, beginning supplem ents)

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:30:19 -0000

>>kept me from reading it, but of course, there are a number of
>>appropriate tales are there not? Like Queen of the black Coast.

There's also the one which opens with Conan being pursued by Picts as far as the shore of the western ocean and then getting involved in the four way standoff between a nobleman-in-exile, his dark, deadly nemesis and a couple of pirate bands who have come sniffing after rumours of treasure and/or ransom.

I've thought the situation would be ripe for a good HQ demo for highlighting the way that followers and suchlike work - give each player the leader of one of the factions (along with their followers, not-so-loyal sidekicks, henchmen etc) and then use Conan and/or the Picts (and maybe the dark, deadly nemesis) as a source of bangs and other plot complications.

Its not a sea scenario as such of course, but pirate ships and the consequences of a storm are major plot elements.

Regards
Luke