Re: Who is Helamakt for Orlanthi?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:20:00 -0000

> Both the Helerites and the Orlanthi view Heler as separate
> from Helemakt.

Actually, Storm Tribe page 82 says that Heler took the name Helamakt when he left to find the exiled Orlanth. I've been assuming that this is the Helerite view of things (since p. 82 falls in the Heler chapter). I don't have the book handy at the moment and so can't give an exact quote.

That doesn't mean that the Orlanthi see Helamakt as a guise of Heler, of course, but Thunder Rebels doesn't clarify the matter one way or the other. Ockham's Razor would suggest making Helamakt and Heler one and the same, even for Orlanthi, as it's one less entity to keep track of. However, I doubt that Heortlings have ever heard of that dictum.

Rob