Re: Fearing Dragons

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:48:57 -0000

> No, but what the scenario does say is that the resistance to even
> contemplating going into the dragon is a respectable 10W3. So
either
> way, the point is that the resistance is not going to be a piddly
> and optional Fear Dragons 17...

As I say, this is really rather a side-issue anyway. The question is not whether or not the mechanism for getting the Heroes to run away screaming actually works or not, its that the scenario feels the need to have such a mechanism in the first place. If the Narrator wants to have the Heroes run away, I'm sure he can find a way of doing it.

But will the players forgive him afterwards? Does it make for an enjoyable game, or does it ruin the evening's play? Is it, in short, a good idea, regardless of the method used to implement it?

These are the questions at the heart of the matter.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic