RE: Re: Fearing Dragons

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:11:55 -0000

> >Now, can you also explain why she feels it necessary to
> start a fight
> >before leaving the Ship, rather than just jumping off?

Donald:
> To show how what happens on the Hero plane affects the real
> world

Huh? You lost me - how does it do that?

> There also may be a plot reason why Andrega gets thrown
> of the ship as well.

There may be, but since it doesn't get explained it might as well not exist.

> Another possibility is it's a way of
> giving a big fight to those players who expect a big fight at
> the end of each adventure.

A big fight which they're forbidden to win? Not prevented, forbidden?

The crew only have 10W2 in their "drive enemy to gunwales". That's about the same level as opposing fighters who they *are* expected to beat in earlier scenes.

> >And the nearest in-game explanation I have is along the lines of "oh
> >no, not again, who let her out without a keeper?"
>
> Assuming there is some kind of feud between Kallyr and
> Andrega,

The feud is stated as being between Kallyr and Harthdaran. Checking sources... OiD p30. Despite the fact that it was Andrega who nearly killed Kallyr in 1602.

> I reckon Kallyr was holding back until it didn't
> interfere with her mission.

Except that it did...

>I don't think she's quite as
> single minded as she appears at times and the sensible
> decision isn't always the one she takes.

Oh, I know. Very well. Hence my "who let her out without a keeper?" explanation. But it still isn't a good explanation - yes, she makes mistakes, but she isn't *that* stupid.