Re: Quick morality question for heortling

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:12:37 -0000

That's been my feeling too, but more through it being a default attitude than anything else. I wasn't trying to imply that there are different rules about incest, it is rather that the not-within-the- clan thing seems to me more of an edict serving other functions. The neighbouring stead seems to me to be fair game and potentially fun - for me the Deliverance potential is lost with all this outbreeding.

Your other post was interesting, Bruce, but seemed to me so make the way things ought to be that it doesn't ring true for me. YGMV and all, but I find it hard to suspend my disbelief when folk start making sensible rules or building sensible social structures. But then I voted (New) Labour in 1997 :)

Sam.