Iron, blood, myths...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:13:30 -0000

> > Iron cooking pots? The norm? Don't think that'll be happening in
> > Glorantha any time soon...

Rob:

> Two answers to that
>
> 1. It will explain why mostali are so tough!
>
> 2. Iron is analgous of our metal Iron, so who *might* be
> able to tell us what is the metal of Glorantha that is
> roughly analogous to the *iron* in our blood.....Chalana Arroy?

Yes, as soon as we get down to chemistry I think we're on to a loser, because Glorantha *isn't* the same as the RW. We'd better assume that "the red stuff in blood" is nothing to do with any Rune Metals.

It's red, it makes you stronger, if you want to include just a bit of biochemistry I believe its purpose is to absorb oxygen - got to be something to do with Storm...

No, don't bring the Lunars into this, whatever this mythic connection is, it's been around since long before the Red Moon rose. And anyway I have a vague idea that the dull orange that's "currently" the Storm colour was originally a much brighter red, before someone changed things - anyone remind me what I'm thinking of or getting wrong here?

Though I have a nasty suspicion that there's no nice easy mythic connection to deal with here, and we'll have to take the discussion to the Glorantha list, and come back later with any answers.