Re: Digest Number 2002

From: Ian Young <ian.d.young_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:49:47 -0000

Simon wrote (many accounts of very active, and heroic, pregnancies:

...to which I'd like to add:

My wife, who was practicing Iyengar yoga very actively throughout her pregnancy, even during a complicated and protracted labor. She found that it helped her immensely in a variety of ways.

My nextdoor neighbor, Lorraine, a Cambodian who fled the Communist takeover on foot into Thailand while 9 months pregnant. She quite merrily tells the tale of going into labor just inside the Cambodian border, holing up in a shack with her husband with an automatic rifle in her hands.

As Simon suggested, modern life has afforded pregnant women luxuries that are far from the norm of human history, whether in our world or Glorantha.

Hey, in an attempt to steer this discussion onto game topic, why don't we discuss the importance of the Couvade ability (i.e. the sympathetic symptomology of men for laboring women) for male Uz aiding the complicated birthing in female Uz? If anyone has any real life accounts to bring into the mix, I'd love to see them.

Cheers,
!i!