Re: The Hidden Gale storms Crescent Manor...

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:23:07 -0800

At 02:44 PM 1/24/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>1) How strong is the garrison of a typical sartarite Lunar fort?
What kind of fort?

>For
>Crescent Manor I was thinking of 20 hoplites and 10 Grazer mercenaries. In
>command there would be the General (Lercius Crassius, Urvainus (sp?)
>devotee), his Yanafali field commander, a buserian advisor and a chaplain
>(either seven mothers or some ancestor/regiment hero cult).
A gneral and staff for 20 real soldiers and 10 subhuman horsemen? What did he do wrong to get such a lousy assignment? This isn'e ven a century of men!

>2) What are its defenses? Namely, magical defenses? The year is 1614, so
>Crescent Manor is being build, and mice have been stealing food (courtesy of
>Velet Bolter) so constructions have not progressed much. The fort is now
>just a wooden palisade and the first stage of a stone round tower. There
>aren't any other buildings, just tents and pavilions. I assume a ritual has
>been performed to sanctify and protect the perimeter of the fort, but can
>someone help me with the details? It would be nice to see something as
>detailed as the defenses of Arlaten's tower, but I'm not asking so much! ;-)
Is this a private manor?
They would have private guards, not army soldiers.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>