RE: Re: Elemental associaltions

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:56:28 -0000

> >Who can enchant your iron these days?
>
> >Checking cult writeups.... Looks like Humakt (Inginew Redson
> subcult)
> >and Babeester Gor. And they can do it for anyone, it's not
> just the old
> >limit of only beng able to do it for your own equipment.
>
> "can" being the critical word here. Whether they want to for
> anybody else is another question entirely. One would better
> luck approaching the Third Eye Blue cultists.
>
> >There seem to be very few people able to work iron in the
> first place.
> >Gustbran can't. Would there in fact be anyone who could work
> iron, who
> >couldn't also enchant it?
>
> The Malkioni...

I was thinking "who" in terms of individuals, not cultures.

AFAIR, a tribal king has to have an iron-smith (and a brewer). I assume the iron-smith belongs to a cult that teaches her to work iron. What cult will that be, and is there any chance that she will not be able to also enchant iron?

Having settled that, if the tribal king tells her iron-smith to enchant some iron, what are the chances of a negative response?