Language representation

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:42:31 +0000 (GMT)

Me:
> > Personally I use straight Welsh as
> Stormtongue/speech (what's it called
> > this week?), Old Norse as Earthspeech,

Mikko:
> Funky! We have them reversed.
>
> Norse = Stormspeecht

> Old Irish (what's it called) = Earthspeech (mostly
> for Esrolian names)

Depends on how Old your Irish is, but probably Gaelic.

I slide between 5/6th century Brythonic and modern Welsh depending on how I feel (lazy, or not!). I think I'd use Gaelic for some other bunch of Orlanthi - maybe Dave Dunham's lot in Ralios, since I gather he uses Irish myths up there.

It is easier to use a language for which you can get a simple modern dictionary, I have to admit. Welsh and Latin are easy like that.

Jane Williams