Re: Other chieftan gods

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:23:30 -0500

On 8 Mar 2005 at 23:30, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Argan Argar among the Torkani. Ernalda or Maran Gor among some matriarchal
> clans.

Hadn't thought of Maran Gor. OK, I can take AA as confirmed.

There are long ago mentions of Star Clans which imply Rigsdal and other
> stars held a leadership role.

That's an interesting one. Rigsdal already being a subcult of Elmal.

One could argue for a leadership role for
> Heler but
> none of the extant subcults are suitable.

Yeah, I was just wondering if outside of the concept of the ancient Helerings, there was any evidence. I'll assume not.

Urox, Valind and Humakt are also
> likely
> suspects.

I'd hate to see an Urox the Chieftan clan. And, to be honest, it seems to pretty strongly contradict what is in Storm Tribe.

You see a possible Humakt the chieftan? (Well, it has happened, according to that long Dar conversation, so I suppose it is a possibility.)

No Issaries or Lhankhor Mhy?

> I think they would call themselves battalions.

A clan with a large number of Humakt worshippers would call itself a battalion? (I can see the Humakt worshippers calling themselves that, but the whole clan?)

LC